PDGC

Electro Acoustic Restringing

Hello All.  This may seem a daft question, but I’m going to ask it anyway.

Having got back into playing the guitar a few years ago, I have gone from an acoustic to an electro acoustic, which I mainly play unplugged.

I think it is time to now replace the strings as it is not sounding as good as it did.

Is replacing the strings on an electro acoustic exactly then same as on an acoustic, or are there other elements to it due to the pickups etc?

Many thanks.  

35 minutes ago, PDGC said:

Hello All.  This may seem a daft question, but I’m going to ask it anyway.

Having got back into playing the guitar a few years ago, I have gone from an acoustic to an electro acoustic, which I mainly play unplugged.

I think it is time to now replace the strings as it is not sounding as good as it did.

Is replacing the strings on an electro acoustic exactly then same as on an acoustic, or are there other elements to it due to the pickups etc?

Many thanks.  

No daft questions here, only daft answers. Everything is an unknown if you don't actually know it...

In answer to your question, exactly the same, the pickup makes no difference at all, just use the same strings as you would have done previously and re-string in the same way.

• Like 1