Frenzybee3

Sire R 3 plastic guitar tuer heads replacemnent

1 hour ago, Frenzybee3 said:

My R3 fell over and broke the plastic machine head tuners.

Tried other plastic tuners but didn't fit. Are these universal as I can't tune my guitar up.

Black plastic

New guitarist 

Can you take a close-up photo of the tuners, and the method of attaching them..? There are several different ways; a good photo would help to give appropriate advice. Over to you..? B|

That is an unusual one, must have fallen with a proper smash, not heard of anyone breaking the plastic tuning button. As it is plastic, can you not glue it? The button itself does nothing except give your fingers purchase to twist it, the mechanism is the metal shaft itself. Or could you modify one of the ones you bought and make the hole bigger (or add some superglue when you fit to make it smaller).

You could replace the whole tuning peg that is broken, the tuners themselves will be generic, even if the plastic buttons aren't. A generic set off Amazon etc will only be about £15. A quick google shows that they look like pretty standard tuning pegs, albeit with black plastic buttons rather than the more common all chrome.

r3-ds-vs-dreadnought-epicea-acajou-rw-hd-2-160597.webp.fc0b38a84440c39fa3b078535b74b155.webp

Or if you let us know your location, I am sure that one of the members in your area will have a 'parts bin' with all sorts of spare parts and could give you a spare machine head, maybe  the shop where you bought it could do that too if you ask nicely.