Myles

Struggling to choose between these two Harley Benton Guitars.

16763080_800.jpg                     OR...                    19037289_800.jpg        

•   The semi-hollow is a Harley Benton CST-24HB TOL Tobacco Flame for £258. I think it is really beautiful because of the fretboard pattern, the colour and F-Holes (these could possibly give it a warmer sound and slightly louder unplugged).                 
  • The Blue Les-Paul Style guitar is a Harley Benton SC-Custom III Ocean Flame for £258 too. I think this one is really nice too with the Les Paul shape, the colours, the pickups too.

Could anyone help me out on which one to choose?

My natural bent is towards archtop or semi-hollow guitars, so my choice would be easy. I did, however, look at some U-tube reviews of these two models, and the Les Paul copy comes out of it slightly better. The weight of most Les Pauls is a deal-breaker for many, but this copie is only 3.3 kg, apparently, so could be considered. The finish, especially on the inside of the semi-hollow, was shocking on the model reviewed, so I'd want the option of returning it if it looked like the one filmed. So, basically I'd choose the double cut, but would send it back  for the single cut if the finish let it down. I don't think there's anything in it from a sound or playing point of view; it's down to aesthetics, I'd say. Hope this helps (but that's unlikely...). B|

Edited by Dad3353

1 hour ago, billmain said:

I have seen the Tobacco flame here, love that! It was sleek and beautiful. One thing I'd say is to check for the pattern, you don't want mismatched wood pattern on it

I'd say, at that price point, you'd be pretty lucky to get a well matched instrument.