Rob S.

Can someone tell me which guitar this is?

Hello,

I hope that someone can tell me more about this guitar? I got it gifted from a friend of mine. He said its from a very well known band and has been signed by the members of that band. He bought it at an auction in California long ago. I dont have any clue about guitars, i just wanted to put it in a display at my house. 

Thank you. 

5a90a268-f30f-495d-b64a-652dd85db4db.jpeg

e4f63935-edac-47d0-8d71-88073c8e12f8.jpeg

a4509371-76f1-43f1-8730-996024d9d1cc.jpeg

735d3919-e080-4163-90a4-43fd9aa68488.jpeg

bcd6ba77-849f-4fbc-8a55-8f6771519d13.jpeg

76c3d0ed-868f-44f7-a09c-0b77bce7eaf5.jpeg

a229aebd-2b2c-4a63-90d5-168ad261d342.jpeg

f044ac99-3815-48df-9921-c26858e9d3f7.jpeg

dd3e3377-cee2-46e1-8069-45a5760c427b.jpeg

Edited by Rob S.
Added photos and more information

There is no serial number embossed into the back of the headstock, which indicates, to me, that it's an unofficial copy of the EB-0. It may well play well, but would have next to no resell value. The illisible signatures add nothing to that, I'd suggest. B|

If he bought it at an auction wouldn't he remember who the group are?

The bass has very little value as a bass, just an epiphone EB0, so about £100 - the signatures might be worth something small to a signature collector, or maybe the bass with the sigs might be worth it to somewhere like a diner or rock based resteraunt, if they were of someone that anyone knew. But its never going to be a lot.

2 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

...just an epiphone EB0 ...

... with no embossed serial number, so almost certainly a copy. It may well play well enough as a bass, but it's not an Epiphone, I think. B|

The logo looks wrong for that particular model, more of a combination of the usual logos. Also, ‘inspected and set up in the US’ for for a lowly model seems very unlikely.

On 19/07/2024 at 12:36, Dad3353 said:

... with no embossed serial number, so almost certainly a copy. It may well play well enough as a bass, but it's not an Epiphone, I think. B|

Do the bolt on epiphone eb0s have an embossed serial number on them? I know none of the ones I have seen have, they just had a sticker.

Why would you make a copy of an epiphone? These are next to nothing new, if you were going to make a copy you would make one of a gibson.

1 hour ago, Woodinblack said:

Do the bolt on epiphone eb0s have an embossed serial number on them? I know none of the ones I have seen have, they just had a sticker.

Why would you make a copy of an epiphone? These are next to nothing new, if you were going to make a copy you would make one of a gibson.

You may well be right, of course, although a sticker with a serial number would be normal, I'd say, rather than no number at all. There are copies at all levels, too, not just high-end stuff. Genuine or fake, though, as long as it plays well... B|

• Like 1