I purchased a ZAD900CE OM back in February. Well, my ZAD900CEOM 50th Anniversary edition arrived a week later. I opened the case with anticipation, knowing how online guitar purchases can sometimes be disappointing. But I had high hopes for this one, based on the advertising, articles, and testimonials. Before even taking it out of the case, I strummed across the strings, and wow! Even surrounded by the damping of the case, it sounded incredible!

I've owned a Martin HD-35 in the past, and I have to say, in my opinion, this matches or even exceeds that guitar! I've always loved a deeper response, which was why I went for the 35. This guitar not only has that lower response, but it's also a powerhouse! It's absolutely beautiful, and I couldn't be more pleased.

The playability is outstanding, and it's easy on my older finger joints. I’m amazed at how slick, smooth, and fast the neck is. Can you tell I’m excited? You need to get this guitar in the hands of some bluegrass pickers! This will be my keeper, my ‘legacy’ guitar.Moreover, the built-in electronics the Aura system delivers a clear, natural amplified sound, making it perfect for both practice and performance. I have received numerous compliments on the guitar's appearance and sound at gigs.

It's a candy for the eyes!

Thank you so much, Zager, for creating such a wonderful instrument! It has truly enhanced my playing experience.

1000002826.jpg

1000002821.jpg

1000002820.jpg

• Like 2

Good for you! I have three Zagers, all three main series. My friend gave me his back in 2006. I liked the playability, so a couple of years back, I emailed the company to help me tune it. They were kind enough to ship me a free set of strings, and eventually, I fell in love with it. That made me buy a ZAD80CE, and then I bought a ZAD900CE 12 string. I absolutely love it. As someone with older fingers, I deeply appreciate the playability of the ZAD900CE. The EZ-Play design is a game-changer for me too. I can play for hours without feeling the strain that I usually do with other guitars. The neck is smooth and fast, making it easy to navigate chords and scales. Bar chords, which I used to struggle with, are now much more manageable. Did you go through their lesson library?

Boy that's beautiful! Makes me wanna share mine. So I got myself a ZAD80CE, I'm more into black guitars, they're gorgeous. I bought a 20 back in the day but had to sell it to pay some medical bills, and ever since then, I wanted my hands on a Zager again. @William John I agree, their library is pretty good. I think it suits people who are light players, it seems that way. I love their customer service though, as if they're waiting for someone to text so they can help lol. 

I wanna share my review here 

1. It came ready to play out of the box, but I did make some slight adjustments to fit my needs. I like the action to be a little high. Not a big deal, worked like a charm.

2. The case is nice, and the humidity sensor makes it easier for me. I received the case damaged during shipping and they replaced that for me with a new case

3. You might want to buy a humidifier for your Zager if you live in a dry climate. 

4. It is absolutely beautiful and sound is warm. You might wanna get the 900 if you want it rich and powerful.

5. Does it compare well to other brands? I guess it does. My friend owns a $5k 5 year old Martin and I own a $2k Zager, both sound the same. So I think it's a better deal

Edited by Chris Nate